Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wrong turn

Last week I was sitting at my computer in our front room at 6:45 am, catching up on some emailing, when a woman peered in my window claiming she needed some help. It scared me and I was a little skeptical, what kind of help could she need at this hour in the morning? When I opened my front door, she started in on a story about how she'd been trying to get somewhere last night, following her friends directions to take a small street, but got stuck. At first I wasn't clear on how this related to me or her need for help until she pointed to the side of my house. And that is when I saw her car...
She claimed she thought my front yard was a driveway and drove right in between my house and the neighbors, narrowly missing the house and our side stairwell. Luckily, her car bottomed out and with the front wheels hanging over the side, she sat like that all night. Had she continued down the hill she would have ended up in our backyard or better yet, in the pond behind our house! This was some sight, at any hour of the day, and when I ran down to tell Garrett, he couldn't believe me till he saw it with his own eyes. He asked the woman, "Drink much last night?!" and she claimed she didn't drink, hmmm. Lucky for her, Garrett owns a large truck and was able to pull her out. But as he hooked up her car to his, he noticed her passenger side was smashed in. He asked what had happened and she claimed someone hit her at the 7/11. In fear that she could have been in a hit and run, I called it in to the police. As she drove away she said, "God bless!" which really topped off the strange experience.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow...thats crazy!! And you are brave answering your door - I think I would have hid! I cant believe she sat in her car the whole night! Weird!!!

Katie Hendrickson said...

What?!!! Can you spell PSYCHO...

I had so much catching up to do on your blog...such fun goings-on!

Patti Beaston said...

OK Joy, I think we had a crime in tow. What a site! and gee you think she was hiding for a purpose. You were way too nice. Wait till I show Rick. Love you