Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It should be called Ice Draining!

First off, on a better note, here's Ty enjoying a highchair at the mall. This was technically his second highchair experience since the first one was at Claim Jumper and I'd forgotten the camera. I'm not quite as on top of things as I was with the first one. :)

He also enjoys the rice puff stars! They work wonders keeping him busy and quiet. And after one try, he figured out how to get them in his mouth! So much more coordinated than others in this house. :)

So Julie and I decided to attempt ice skating with the kids on Sunday. Correction, we were going to go Saturday but after I had talked endlessly about it that day, we got to the skate rink at 4 and it had just closed. :) So we were back again on Sunday and after waiting in quite a long line, we were in, skates on and ready to go. See those smiles on our faces? We had NO IDEA what we were in for. :)

Here's one of the many photos that didn't turn out too well since there's plastic around the whole rink and it's hard to take pictures through. This is also one of the rare moments Tatum was not between my legs. For the most part, she stood in between my legs, my hands under her arms and her feet shooting out in every direction. Both Julie and I were in UTTER pain due to the horrible skates and being bent over, dragging our children around the rink. This smile is ALL for the camera. :) I don't know if the video link will work below but if so, you will see a small glimpse of what I'm talking about. And please note the look on my face at the end of the video, that's true feeling. :) Anyway, the event ended when we got half way around on our second lap and Tatum fell. I guess it caught her off guard because she said she had to pee and I said we had to get around the rest of the rink to get out so we could get to the bathroom. She said no, I DID pee. WHAT?! Oh yeah, on the ice people! Thank goodness she was wearing thick jeans and a few layers, not much trickled out onto the ice. But that was the end of that and we don't have any plans in going back anytime soon. :)


No comments: