Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cinco d Mayo

For some reason, I put in my pictures backwards, so we'll be seeing Cinco de Mayo activities backwards as well. :) The day ended with a fun neighborhood party. Leslie and Matt had everyone over for a potluck Cinco de Mayo celebration. Here's Leslie's son Anderson with Ty. Anderson loves babies and he's so sweet, such a good 2 year old.

And here is Tatum and Ty with Leslie's oldest daughter Ashley, and another neighborhood girl, Olivia. She was awesome with Ty, playing with him and carrying him around. It gave me more time to enjoy the margaritas. :)

Here are more of the kids enjoying their quesadillas and fruit outside. Such a good bunch. Let me just mention that Tatum absolutely loves being around all these kids and had a wonderful time, especially with the older ones.

Matt got out a toy he got at Christmas that drops Mentos into a coke bottle and makes a geyser. The kids loved it, so much that he did it twice!

Here's a pretty picture one of the neighbors took with her huge, professional camera. Love the clarity! Maybe I need to get one of these!

And here are all the kids in one group. Wow, lots of kids! We are just so lucky to have moved into such a wonderful neighborhood filled with awesome, friendly people and lots of kids to enjoy.

Ok, Ty will probably kill me when he's older for this photo but I couldn't resist. First, you need the back story. I was changing him on the changing pad that I had removed the cover from so it was just the plastic. Suddenly I hear this weird noise. I realize it's Ty's pee squirting over him and hitting the plastic pad right beside his head. As soon as I realize and try to cover it, he cracks up. Obviously the pee antics start early and are hilarious from the beginning. Anyway, I wasn't laughing then but I was when I sat him up and the back of his head was soaked in pee! It looked like he'd been in the bath, it was so wet! Anyway, you can see the back of his head in the photo, that would be why he looks wet before even getting in the bath. Also, I had to take this picture because he absolutely loves the bath and can't wait to get in. He'll pull himself up there and ask to go in with lots of grunts and gestures with his feet (like he's going to step over the side). His butt is just so funny in this photo. Who knew men could have saddle bags! :)

Cinco de Mayo started with a fun trip to the UPick Strawberry fields. Mandy, her sister Kate and Ellie invited us to join them and we had the best time!

Next time Ty can actually enjoy the event. But you can see we brought Strawberry Shortcake with us to enjoy the fields. And did a lot of tasting.

Here's Mandy and Kate enjoying some of the juiciest strawberries I've ever had.

Can you tell they absolutely loved it?! We'll definitely be making this a tradition!

And we're ending with a picture of Ty with spaghetti. He loves food he can pick up and he really loves spaghetti. I love that he loves the food he can pick up because it sure is easier to manage, even though there's extensive clean up. :)

1 comment:

Denise and Mike Meacham said...

The clean up is so much work!! Can't wait until Wes can use a fork and spoon :)