Monday, June 28, 2010

Ahhhhhh, Napa!

My mom will be turning 70 in less than a month, so we thought it would be fitting to celebrate such a monumental occasion (a bit early) in Napa. This was my first trip to Napa, and what a great one we had. After checking into our B&B (not one I would recommend by the way) we rushed off to our first wine tasting at Del Dotto. Wonderful red wine, and a great tour of the caves.

Before heading off for our first full day of wine tasting, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast brought to our room. The B&B wasn't anything to rave about but the food was awesome!

And the scenery was beautiful. I realized while I was up there that if I could choose a theme to decorate my backyard after, it would be Napa. The flowers were amazing...



and the art!

Of course, my backyard will never look quite like this. Breathtaking.

If only my house could look like this! :)

Or I'd even be happy with this. :)

We enjoyed 7 wineries that day. Thank goodness we were sharing tastings! I think Cakebread was one of my favorites, but we also loved Rubicon, Charles Krug and St. Suprey.

So much to look at and we actually learned quite a bit about wine and how it's made.

It was a wonderful weekend away from children and a great bonding time with my mom. Since there are over 300 wineries up there, I think we'll definitely have to go back. :)

No comments: