Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mommy needs a day off


Wow, isn't this a beautiful place? It's overlooking the vineyards of one of my favorite wineries in Temecula, Leonese. Very delicious and I know this because I was able to go with my wonderful Wine Night group on a wine tasting tour last Saturday. We hit four wineries, had a delicious lunch and were chauffeured around all day by...

this beautiful yellow Bummer. :)



Of course, after a few wineries and many, many, many tastes later, here are a few funny moments in the car on the drive home.




Or was that on the drive over to the next winery since 4 wasn't enough? :) What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday.


And in my haze, I had to have my picture taken in front of this Ferrari for Garrett. Some how I thought sticking my butt out like this was attractive. :)


A little wine didn't stop Shauna, Jacquie and I from running in the Champagne Brunch 5k in Point Loma. Actually, Dana, our DD from the day before, was also there running with some friends but she was on a faster pace than us. :) It was a beautiful location for a run, wonderful ocean views and great weather. And the champagne brunch that followed definitely made it worth the getting up early after a day of wine tasting. :)


And after freshening up, Garrett and I took the kids to a festival downtown. There were lots of carnival games, and Tatum had to try most of them. Here she is catching a fish.

Ty passed on the games but here he is fascinated by this weird StarTrek bike. Interesting, maybe we have a Treky on our hands. :)

And even though they had some fun crafts (which Tatum loves), she couldn't resist a ride on the ponies! What a natural!

After the festival, we headed to the Ghirardelli Store where we all enjoyed a delicious ice cream sunday. Yum, we loved it so much, we devoured it before I could get a picture. But here's Ty showing his love for ice cream.

All gone!

Here we are fighting over the last bite. Yum, nothing like Ghiriadelli chocolate! Both children love sweets, which is a total Mommy thing. If Garrett had his choice, he would have steak over chocolate or sweets any day. Not us! Give us more candy! :)

No comments: