Sunday, May 1, 2011

San Diego Space Museum

My girlfriend Kelly called me asking if we'd like to join her to visit the Reuben H. Fleet Space center in Balboa Park on the free Tuesday of the month they offer for San Diego residents. I use to go to the Space center regularly with my parents when I was younger, knew it inside and out. But I hadn't been in a very long time and the kids had never been so we thought it would be a wonderful activity for one of the first days of Tatum's spring break. There's a section for younger children so we spent most of our time in there. Ty loved all the gadgets.

And one of his favorite things in life is driving. Driving cars, trains, boats, you name it. Anything with a steering wheel, he loves it. :)

Here's Ty and Keira playing together. Keira's about 6 mo. older but the two get along great and really enjoy playing together.

They have an older kid section downstairs and all of the exhibits were a bit over our heads. Except this shadow light section, so fun!

Then we hit the park down the road and here's Ty needing some rescue. :)

The park has lots of these large animal statues, Ty loves it. Here he was slaying the dinosaur with his stick sword. I wish I could say the day was a complete success but shortly after rest that day, Tatum's eye starting looking red. I figured it was pink eye so we tried to be careful the rest of the day and yep, when she woke up with her eye crusted shut the next morning, we were off to the Dr. for a week of drops. It kind of put a damper on the rest of her spring break since we didn't want leave the house. But luckily, I was a cleaning crazy lady and no one else got pink eye! Amazing, that stuff is so contagious!

No comments: