Friday, November 2, 2012

Some Random photos

Sometimes we get a chance to do random things that I catch photos of but then don't really have a post for.  And since this blog is the only way I'm really documenting our life, I better get the photos on here when I can.  So here's a few randoms that I threw together.  One day when we were over at the old house, Grandma gave the kids these little, plastic boats to float in the pond behind the house.  Tatum put hers in this little river section and we quickly realized that we needed string attached to the boats so they wouldn't float away. :)

Ty loved his boat and refused to let it go in the water.

Tatum got smart and would only let hers go by the shore.  We now use our boats in the bathtub. :)
 
Another day, when we were up in Irvine, the kids were playing in the play house out back.  There's some dress up clothes back there and Tatum came out in this pink, frilly dance costume I wore when I was five and this sparkly belt.  Since Ty is all about copying Tatum these days, as soon as she took it off, he wanted it on.  Then he walk out and did a dance show for us, he loved the way the fringe would swing every time he'd move.  But his favorite part of the outfit is the arm sleeves which he thinks is like Spiderman's web shooters.  He's still a boy in there. :)

Here's from a day we went to the Spectrum up in Irvine and the kids rode on the merry-go-round.  Ty couldn't wait to get on his favorite panda bear.

And Tatum changes her favorite every time, this time it was the ostrich.

My wild, stubborn boy does finally slow down and when he sleeps, he's just so sweet and precious.

Grandma, the kids and I went to the Safari Park.  Tatum, what big ears you have?!

After enjoying the tram ride, we got up close and personal with the lions.

Ty wasn't too sure about being this close. :)

Oh, and my sweet pets.  This love affair has been going on for 8 1/2 years.  We had Harley a year when we got Cali and from the moment she came into our lives, she has loved Harley with all her heart.  He, sadly, doesn't act like he feels the same, but I think there's some love for her in that big heart of his.  Cali loves to clean Harley, since obviously he doesn't do it for himself (to my dismay) so regularly I'll see the hair on the top of Harley's head all combed over and I'll realize he was getting a bath from Cali.  And pretty much every time he lays down, she curls right up next to him and starts purring.  He gets annoyed by this most of the time and I've even heard him give a low growl a few times, but she never moves and just curls in closer. :)  Sometimes Grandma takes Harley up to Irvine, or we'll take him with us, and then leave Cali behind for a few days.  The reunion between these two when we get home is too cute.  She smooths in and out of his legs and he nudges her.  Sometimes she'll turn around and swat at his face and he'll push her back, it's just really cute.  I've never seen such love between a cat and a dog, I don't know what one will do without the other one day, sad thought.  But for now, they keep each other clean and warm. :)

Oh these goof balls.  Some friends loaned us some costumes for Halloween since Ty had an animal parade and needed an animal costume.  Here's Tatum as the giraffe and Ty as the zoo keeper, too cute!  His favorite part of his outfit is the key on the key chain for all the animal cages.  He kept trying to lock Tatum into different rooms. :)

And my Cardinal boys.  Ty has started really enjoying sports, watching, playing, but mostly being with Daddy.  Here they are watching the Cardinals play the Giants for the play offs.  I think the Cardinals won that night, Ty loved it.  Us girls were playing Barbies. :)

No comments: