Sunday, February 16, 2014

Girls, golf and guns

A new year has begun!  I took a little break from blogging but I also just ordered my 2013 blog book and when it came it the mail, it reminded me of how happy I am I stick with this blogging, documenting our lives and all our memories.  So back to the grind! :)  The weekend after NYE, my wine night girls and I had plans to hit some wineries in Temecula, spend the night in a hotel and then have a spa day at South Coast Winery using some groupons we purchased a few months ago.  Sadly, I got a cold and had to miss the wine tasting and slumber party.  But after lots of Dayquil, I met them all at the spa and we enjoyed fun girl time and relaxation!

Me and groupons.  They're wonderful and horrible all the same.  But I purchased a mini golf package at a new golf place in Belmont Park and of course it was close to expiring.  We headed down to the beach to use our package the last day it was good, a random Wednesday.  But so glad we did because the kids LOVED it and we all had a great time! 

On one hole, Garrett's ball kissed my ball, so cute!

The best part about going in the middle of the week was that no one else was there!  We could go as fast or as slow as we wanted, and take as many silly pictures as we wanted. :)

We would love to go back, but probably not until I get another groupon since it was pretty expensive.

Garrett came home one Friday and I was in a horrible mood.  Ty had been exceptionally challenging that day and I just couldn't get out of this funk.  Garrett went into the bathroom to shave his head and came out with this retro mustache.  He said this sexy man would like to take me on a sushi date. I couldn't help but laugh and it definitely changed my mood.  We dropped Tatum off at a birthday party and then headed to sushi with Ty.  I loved my date with my suave man but I was happy when he decided to shave it off when we got home. :)

We were cleaning out the garage, getting ready for yet another garage sale, when Garrett found his bebe gun.  He set up a target out back and we all had a go at it.  I'm not a fan of guns but I guess it was good to educate the kids on gun safety and proper gun handling.  Tatum was awesome!

And Ty loved it!  Which was what I was afraid of.

I took a shot or two...

and then Garrett showed us how it's really done. :)

Ty got the hang of it and even hit the target!  But that was enough of gun fun.

We had a teacher professional day at school so we headed to the beach!  It's been unseasonally warm this winter, hence bathing suits and getting in the ocean in January.  As you can see, one of us doesn't care for the beach so she wore her jeans. :)  The great part about this beach in La Jolla is there's a play park just beyond the boardwalk, so Tatum could play on the swings while the others made sandcastles and got in the water.  Fun January day!

No comments: