Monday, August 6, 2007

The light of our life



Tatum Bree came into this world on January 26, 2007 weighing 7 lbs, 3 oz and 19 inches long. After many hours of labor, I had decided that childbirth just wasn't worth it. But when the Dr. threw her up onto my tummy and I looked into my child's eyes for the first time, I couldn't believe what a miracle she was and I couldn't wait to do it again. Of course, after the euphoria wore off, I decided that I could wait a few years for the next one, no rush necessary. Now Tatum is 6 months old and her dad and I couldn't imagine life without her. She has an amazing drive and bubbly personality, always greeting you with her toothless smile. She's constantly moving, always wanting to grab for a new toy or reach that friendly butterfly on her mobile that she knows so well. She loves her pets, a big Golden Retriever named Harley and a sweet Calico cat named Cali. The pets love her too but have learned to keep their distance as Tatum hasn't learned the meaning of gentle petting.

1 comment:

Dgprincess78 said...

Hi!
This blog is soooo cute! I don't know what you were talking about, you did a GREAT job! Please tell little Tatum that I am happy to hear about her need to take precations before venturing out into the sun. You know how I feel about sun protection! :) She is quite the smarty pants!