Friday, January 6, 2012

Kit Carson park

One of my most favorite things to do with my girlfriends when I was little was to braid our wet hair in lots of braids that we'd sleep in over night. We couldn't wait to take them out in the morning because our hair would have this beautiful wave to it. (later, obviously leading to the crimper!) So I was telling Tatum about it and she couldn't wait to try it out. So here she is with her Rapunzel doll and their hair in braids...

And here's the finished product! To show off her new do, Tatum and I along with Grandma and Ty decided to check out a new park. We heard about an interesting play area at Kit Carson park up in Escondido and wanted to check it out for ourselves. And when we got there, we decided it was definitely interesting.

Inside the park, were all these statues and art forms, that you could stand on, run through, or hide behind.

And circling the inside was this maze made of tile and mirrors, so interesting and confusing. Here's Ty running through it. At moments, he'd get out of my eye sight and I'd get a bit worried because there were quite a few people at the park and with all the crazy shapes and patterns, one could get lost quickly!



After we tired of running through the maze, we stopped at a park bench and had a picnic. You can see the tall structures behind Grandma. And it was so hot that day, uncharacteristically hot, in the 80s I think!

After lunch, we took a short hike around the grounds...

with candy and a purse of course. :)

Before leaving Kit Carson Park, we found a few normal play structures to check out so the day was a success. :)

1 comment:

Denise and Mike Meacham said...

Totally remember doing that to my hair too! It was great to see you at Nadine's!