Sunday, July 28, 2013

The San Diego Fair

We really aren't fair goers.  We went two years ago I think when Tatum's dance group performed at the fair.  But this year we thought we'd give it a try.  We checked out the theme exhibit where they had large games, all kinds of games, for people to play.  Video games, board games, Operation, etc.  It was pretty cool.  And this large robot guy came around on his scooter, Ty thought he was so cool!

And he also thought this large Optimus Prime statue was cool!
 
If only we really won some money.  But we won a fun family day at the fair! :)

We headed right away to the kiddie ride zone and the kids got 9 rides each.  That was $50!  They chose wisely and thank goodness we were two adults because of course their choices were rarely the same.

Now this slide was one they both wanted to go down.  I told Garrett to watch Ty's face closely.  He had gone on the slide at Legoland a while back and every time he went down the dips, his face would drop, like he was freaking out.  I caught this picture and zoomed in.  Look at his face!  Granted, I think gravity was helping here, but so funny!


Tatum's favorite ride.


Ty on the bumper cars,...

Tatum on this flying thing...


Finally they both chose this swing thing.  Such cuties.

And here's the front of a Pirate fun house.  Ty had no interest even though he loves pirates.  He just wanted a picture with him.  You can't really tell here but Ty has wet pants.  He was on one of the kid rides when he yelled, while on the ride, "I have to pee... I did pee!"  Great.  He was a little wet and thank goodness the ride wasn't wet, but we took him over to the bathroom and he said he didn't have to go anymore.  Of course.  His pants were a little went in the front but not too bad.  So we headed to the slide ride and I looked over at him in line and I thought his pants looked wetter.  I mentioned it to Garrett and he said, "Yeah, looks like they're went all the way down to his shoes but we must not have noticed before."  Anyway, after the slide, I asked Ty if he had to go potty and he said, "No, I just peed my pants again."  Ugh!  I guess when you're standing in line for a ride, you either hold it, or just pee your pants! :)  He walked around in pee pants the rest of the night since we obviously didn't bring a change of clothes.  And he could have cared less. :)

Our little tomato and cheese!
We all enjoyed some interesting food like pizza on a stick, fried artichoke hearts, a beef sandwich and some ice cream sundaes.  I don't think we need another night at the fair for a long time since it cost around $200!  Crazy!

No comments: