Monday, May 26, 2014

Hop, soak, dance and paint!

So if you haven't noticed, I'm having a hard time keeping up with my posts.  For one, it's about impossible to transfer my photos from my phone (the only camera I use these days) to the computer and then get them from the computer to this site and sit down and write out the post.  And I love blogging!  I've been printing out our blog into books every year for a few years now and we love looking back through them and laughing, remember all our fun times.  If it weren't for this blog, we would have no idea what we did last month, let alone last year!  But I'm going to keep plugging on and keep documenting, two months behind or not.  Anyway, last April, Ty had his last Hop-a-thon with all his classmates.

Ty had a great time and this year he got to participate twice since they did it on Tuesday and Wednesday.  The first day he jumped 504 times and even more the next day!  He loved it and just kept jumping.  Here's Ty and Blaine, good buddies who bring out the competition in each other.  I think that's why Ty had a record high number of jumps!

Ty raised over $60 for the school and won 4 tickets to the Maritime Museum downtown.  Can't wait to go!
Since I'm so slow at blogging, I have to throw in random pictures whenever I get the chance.  So here's a picture of a heron, or something like that, that was walking by Grandma's home here in SD.  A beautiful bird and Ty was so excited and kept pointing!  The bird walked down the path and left but what an amazing sight!

Another day, when I was picking Ty up from school, he asked if we could go home and have a foot bath.  Why not!  So we pulled out the foot bath and he enjoyed a good soak after a fun filled day at school. :)

Our friends up the street have a beautiful pool and spa in their backyard and they were so nice to text and invite Tatum and I over for some wine and a dip.  Well, wine for me and a dip for Tatum.  Here's her with CJ and Destiny.  These girls are hilarious and get along really well.  So fun!  We have lots of plans of hanging at this pool through the hot summer.

It was Jacquie's birthday so we all got together for a delicious meal of sushi at our neighbors restaurant.  He hooked us up!  We had a wonderful time catching up since some of these people don't get together very often.  Here's from left, Kelly, Sara, me, Jacquie and Dana.

Garrett and I drove down from Costco on a back road one day and saw this track.  A few days later, when Garrett was at work and Tatum was in school, Ty and I took his remote control car and checked it out.  So fun!  It's on the property of a business but they said please feel free to use it anytime and it was awesome!  It's hard to keep control of the car, kind of like a car video game, but we'll have to go back and practice some more. 

Last October, we got notice that Cinderella was going to be preformed in April at the Junior Theater in Balboa Park.  Tatum couldn't wait!  We bought tickets and invited Shauna and Grandma to go too.  Poor Tatum had a head ache that day, we never figured out what caused it, but thank goodness, as the show began, she said it went away.  As we were driving there, she said, "It's not going to be silent like the Nutcracker, right?" and I said oh no, not at all, this is a play.  I said this because not long ago we went to the same location and saw Beauty and the Beast with Shauna and it was a wonderful play.  I assumed this show was going to be the same.  But as soon as the curtains parted and the ballerinas came out, I knew we were in trouble.  It turned out to be a ballet, not a play. :(  Oops, and a long 1 1/2 hours later, Tatum said, "I told you it was going to be silent!".  Lesson learned and we headed over to The Prado for a glass of wine before Shauna had to get back to her little puppy Sage.  It was fun to get out and dress up but no more ballets for us!
And on the artistic note, Shauna and I decided to purchase a Paint Night through a deal site where for $25, you can go to a restaurant and have a 2 hour paint instruction with all supplies provided, and enjoy some drinks and dinner.  Here's Tara and Noelle who joined us.

We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the lesson!  The food was great as well as the wine, double bonus!


And here's our finished products!  We all decided where we'd be hanging them.  Either above the cat box, in the storage unit, or a coat closet. :)  But we had lots of laughs and lots of fun!

No comments: