Sunday, July 13, 2014

An early Memorial Day visit with Dad and Uncle Tom

While Garrett was in Taiwan for work, Grandma and I decided to take the kids out to see my Dad and Uncle Tom's graves before the busy holiday weekend arrived.  We headed to the ocean side to see Dad first.

Tatum had been learning some patriotic songs for a show at school so she sang God Bless America to Grandpa.

Then they both said a prayer to him, it was really sweet.  I wish these two could have met my dad, same with Garrett.  But he's with me all the time so that comforts me daily.



Here's the view from his grave site.  I bet the sunsets are amazing!  Those were always his favorite.

Then we headed to the bay side to see Uncle Tom  He's way up at the top!

And he overlooks the bay and skyline.  Both got pretty lucky to get in here at Rosecrans, I think it's full now. 

We stopped at Stone so Grandma and I could toast our long lost guys, and the kids could play and look at the pretty fish.  We had a wonderful visit and all before the crazy crowds hit that weekend!

No comments: