Saturday, March 31, 2012

Adult Disneyland Day!!

Today was a very special day. Today was Adult Disneyland Day!! Can you tell how excited I was?!! The kids, Grandma and I have passes to Disneyland and get to go quite often. But Garrett doesn't have a pass so when Tatum won two adult tickets last year at her Hop-a-thon, we knew that one of those tickets was for an adult only fun day at the happiest place on earth. And today was the day. Grandma was so nice to watch the kids while Garrett and I took off at 10 am and hit the "big kid" rides as Tatum calls them. First up, Indiana Jones! I hadn't been on this one since high school! (that was just a few years ago of course) ;)

In between rides, we stopped to eat small snacks which I would normally never do with children. But we gladly sat down and ate a delicious salad, shared a corn dog while listening to Mary Poppins and Bert, and later enjoyed some ice cream cones on the curb of Main Street!

We also stopped to enjoy the shooting range. What a rush!

I've always wanted to go to a shooting range, just haven't gotten around to it. I use to shoot BB guns in the backyard with my dad but that's the only experience I've had. But I've always thought I'd be a good shot...

as I was proven right when Garrett and I went on Buzz Lightyear's ride where you get to shoot at targets throughout the ride. Look at the scores at the top of the screen. 85,500 to 20,600!!! I rocked! Or at least I thought I did...

until Jenny and Sadri met up with us and we had a rematch. Obviously someones been practicing! Look at those scores! All of them blew me away, I only got 98,000 the second time. Maybe shooting isn't my calling. :)

Here's a pic of the delicious ice cream we enjoyed. The funny thing about this was we sat down on the curb and started talking and I guess we were there for a while. Anyway, we went to get up and noticed the streets were lined with people. Obviously the parade was coming and we had a prime front row seat and didn't even realize it. As soon as we got up and left, people dove for our spots, so crazy. We definitely weren't sticking around for the parade, that's so something we would have done with the kids and that was NOT one of today's activities. :)

We headed over to California Adventure and we were headed to the scary Tower of Terror (and it was REALLY scary!) but we bumped into Jake!! This is Ty's favorite character on DisneyJr these days so I tried to get a picture with him. Apparently, a line formed in a half a second of little kids and I suddenly didn't feel right about standing in line for the pic. So here's Jake with a random girl, but Ty was excited all the same!

Garrett howling over the fun he was having!

After lots of fast rides, a glass of wine, a quiet sit down dinner, and a few glimpses of fireworks, we said good bye to Dland and a wonderful adult day.

And it made it that much better that Jenny and Sadri joined us, BFFs make any day better!

And it wouldn't be a proper Irvine weekend without some fun with our favorite friends. We headed over to the park around the corner from Grandma's house where Tatum and Mattie enjoyed the pipe slide...

and Ty and Isaac enjoyed train sliding, so cute!

I felt slightly guilty about being at Disneyland without the kids so we bought each of them a small present and Garrett got them each this sucker. I hate suckers. Not for the damage to their teeth, or the sugar high that it causes, but the pure disgusting mess. I HATE sticky fingers, yuck!

But both kids loved it. I was able to get the suckers away from them when they were half done and then they mysteriously disappeared. Of course Ty remember his sucker the next day and could you believe, we couldn't find them anywhere, thank goodness. :)

Our friends came over and enjoyed dinner with us before we headed home the next day. We love our friends, just wish they were down the block instead of down the freeway an hour.

No comments: