Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

We don't have too many Valentine's Day traditions around here. But we love to show our love so the morning started off with the kids getting heart bags filled with little goodies. I forgot to take a picture but the kids and I made cards for Daddy using hand prints in red paint to make a heart, really cute craft and you'll have the hand prints forever! Daddy loved them.

Since Valentine's Day was on a Tuesday, the night before Garrett was at his weekly bowling league. I guess when he got home, he set up a few surprises for me. Such as this beautiful bouquet of roses waiting for me in front of the computer. They smelled wonderful! After a delicious meal of pancakes with strawberries and whip cream, the kids and I jumped in the car to meet Erica, Jack and Erin at Kidsville...

and before we could get in the car, the kids noticed this! Someone left a heart and a love you sign on our driveway! I thought Garrett did it with chalk but the kids quickly let me know that it wasn't chalk. And now I get to feel the love and see the message every day as I back out of my driveway since he put it on with permanent spray paint. I've had numerous solicitors come to my door saying, "Somebody must love you!" :)

Then we enjoyed a fun morning with Jack at Kidsville where there are lots of clothing to dress up in, play structures to explore, rooms to get lost in and a coffee shop for the parents! Erica, Erin and I had lots of time to catch up and had a wonderful morning together. Actually, this is the 16th anniversary of when I met Erica. We were living in the dorms, down the hall from one another and I walked passed the TV room on our floor and there was Erica, alone on Valentine's Day too. So our friendship began and we've never looked back. :)

No comments: