Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dave Matthews Band concert

Here we are again.  The parking lot of what we once called Coors amphitheater, now Sleeptrain and next month I'm sure it'll be called something else.  Dave Matthews Band is back!  Shauna and I have been going to these concerts for years, and Erica and I were going a few years before that!  We don't need to say how many years but you get the point.  And every concert had some fun, wild stories from the parking lot. :)

Nick brought his scooter so we all enjoyed a few joy rides.

Then it turned into a competition of course.  First it was Leanne and Ryan against Garrett and I.  The girls had to drink a few sips of our drink, get on the scooter and drive out and around a cup and back where the boys shot gunned a beer and jumped on the scooter to make the same loop.  It was timed and Leanne and Ryan won by a few seconds!  Nick wanted to get in on this too so him and I paired up against the champions.


We really gave it our all but we lost by 2 seconds!  But it was worth it, lots of fun!

Leanne and a few others were enjoying cocktails that they'd make from this cooler.  Others were just enjoying beer.  One way or the other, we were all having lots of parking lot fun!


 


We call this a bromance.  Garrett and Nick sharing a fun ride on the scooter! :)



After some parking lot dinner, we headed into the concert to grab our spot on the lawn.  I had been talking via text with a friend from high school that I hadn't seen in years.  He works for the band and said he'd love to meet up with us.  He text as soon as we were settled on the lawn so we said good bye to the boys and waited down by the stage for Ryan. 

And after catching up with Ryan for a bit, he offered to take us to the pit.  Are we kidding?!  We asked if we could run to get the boys but he couldn't get all 7 of us in.  So us 4 girls headed down knowing that if we left the pit, we couldn't get back in.  And oh my gosh!  We were this close!  I think my whole life I've been trying to get down to the front to see Dave.  To just have a chance to have his sweat fling my way.  And here we were!!!  I could see the muscles in his arm flexing as he played the guitar!  Oh, a dream come true!  I text Garrett to let him know where we were and that I wasn't ever leaving.  He laughed and said that was cool.  He knows this has been a long dream of mine.  Such a sweet hubby.


We were living it up!







What an absolutely amazing experience that we'll never forget.  And we owe it all to Ryan.  Definitely the best night ever!!!!

No comments: