Sunday, November 24, 2013

Camping in Idyllwild

Yes, we're off on another camping trip.  Since we bought our pop up, we've been camping every month!  And we love it.  This time we were headed to Idyllwild and it was REALLY cold.  Thank goodness Garrett bought an indoor heater for the trip since it got below 38 degrees at night.  Who knew that memory foam pillows are rock hard in the cold! :)  We set up camp when we got there and our friends Pamela, Bruce and Destiny came by to check it out and then invited us back to their cabin for a warm meal.  We were grateful to get out of the cold!  The next morning we enjoyed some family fun time to keep warm.
 
One of our secrets is that we set up the dvd players in the car and when it's early and boredom hits, the kids crawl into their car seats and enjoy a show.  Here's Ty also enjoying some delicious bacon.

Yummy bacon off the grill!

Here's our camp chef.  It always amazes me what he can whip up on a campfire.

I love these sweet kids.  They actually get along really well, especially while camping.  They pack their backpacks with lots of fun activities that they pull out to play at the campground. 

My favorite camping partner. :)


We cleaned up (I took the coldest shower I've ever had!) and then headed to town.  Idyllwild was having a wine festival and Pamela had set up to have her house cleaner watch our kids while we tour the town and wine taste.  Perfect!  The town is really cute and the festival had set up tasting booths all around so you really got to enjoy the whole town.

Two of the tasting booths were set up in this common area and right above it was where the kids were staying.  We had them come out onto the porch for a photo!

Garrett and I had a blast.  Lots of tasting, delicious appetizers, including this amazing olive dip, which I'm not normally a big fan of but it had lots of garlic and soooo good!

Here's Pamala's neighbor Candy, Pamela and I enjoying our tastes.  Such a fun group!

After we made it through the town and sat down for some snacks and another glass of wine, we picked up the kids and headed up to a cabin where the Lizano's were staying.  They were able to use their Uncle's cabin the same weekend!  They had these big rocks up behind their house, the best view!
Our first trip up to Idyllwild was perfect.  We enjoyed a dinner of pulled pork tacos, salad and more wine and then headed home to our cozy little camper.  The next morning wasn't too fun.  Tatum had to go potty and when we got into the only nearby restroom, someone had thrown up on the floor of the middle staul, and there was very little toilet paper.  Tatum had to go poop so she got in there and finished her business but while I was in the restroom, I could hear this coughing.  I come out and she's litterally gagging and wretching!  I rushed her out of the restroom because I didn't want her to throw up on the floor as well and she spit up a bit but nothing too bad.  She said her stomach hurt from looking at the throw up!  Poor thing.  I told her to think of something pleasant and as we walked back to the camper, she kept saying, "I'm thinking of rainbows, I'm thinking of rainbows." :)  My dad was a gagger so I guess we know where she gets that from. :)  We packed up and headed home and all enjoyed a warm shower.  We can't wait to go back, but I think we'll wait till summer. :)

No comments: