Monday, December 5, 2011

25 Days of Christmas, Day 4

Day 4 brought the much anticipated tree hunting! This is my favorite part about Christmas, going to the tree lot and finding the tree that will fill our living room with beauty and that wonderful pine smell for the next month! We decided to go to a new tree lot that we see when we're on the freeway. I thought maybe it would have other things there too, like rides or something. Or at least it looked like it would from the freeway. Anyway, no rides but worries, we got right to work on our tree hunting...

Peek a boo! Is the favorite tree here? Nope!

Or here? Nope!

Here it is! Tatum took this picture so it's a bit blurry but she did a great job! Got both our heads and everything!

Then we headed home to decorate. Tatum is excellent at finding empty spots to hang all the ornaments.

And Ty does his best to make us all laugh. He's being a ball ornament. :)

But he got in there and hung a few ornaments too. Such serious business.

I think I said this last year but I love looking at all the ornaments and remembering when, where and why we got each one. Ones from trips, ones I made when I was little, ones we got from friends, and ones we inherited. (this year my mom cleaned out all her Christmas stuff and donated 2 boxes of ornaments to us!)

And what a beautiful little girl next to a beautifully decorated tree.

Here's our attempt at a family shot in front of the tree. A little blurry since I set the camera on a chair, but such a wonderful family night. Love Ty in his sunglasses. He calls that his rock star look. :)

No comments: