Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kidding around

This month has been busy with lots of random fun and silly pictures. I figure, since I don't keep a diary, and I'm a horrible scrap booker, keeping this blog updated is my only hope at some sort of documentation of our lives. Sometimes I forget last weekend so I know I'll never remember these little things. Anyway, Tatum's preschool had a week of learning about different colors and the teacher asked them to wear a different color each day. This is a picture of Tatum on yellow day. The only reason I took a pic of that color was because she's wearing the one and only dress my mom made for me. I totally remember her taking the class to learn how to smock the front and wearing it myself. Besides the hem falling out in the front, the dress fit Tatum perfectly and since she loves dresses, she enjoyed wearing this special dress to school. As you can see, Ty loves being in photos and also loves dress up. Daily, he's a different character and sometimes it's hard to leave the house without the mask or cape on. :)

Here's the only photo I took at our Sunday Chili neighborhood gathering. We had some neighbors over to enjoy warm chili and watch a football game and all the kids enjoyed playing together and the parents enjoyed the chat time. Here's Ty's favorite neighbor Matt with his son Anderson.

The city needed to do some work across the street from our house one day and this big digger arrived in front of our house. Ty was beside himself since seeing any sort of construction vehicle is extremely exciting to him. He stood out here and watched the "hard hats" for a good 10 minutes. So cute.

My wine night girls got together for a Thanksgiving feast a week before Thanksgiving and this was the only picture I got of the event. There are 6 of us in the group and try to get together once a month or so. Whether we're venting about work, sharing wonderful news, or laughing about our life's tribulations, it's nice to have such a wonderful group of girls.

Tatum's Thanksgiving Feast at her preschool. All the classes sat together at tables outside while enjoying a delicious feast of chicken nuggets, apple slices and veggie sticks.

They had a prayer before they ate, so precious.

Tatum's class table. She's really enjoying all her friends in Ms. Kristen's class this year, and learning so much.

Last year I wasn't able to make it to the feast since I had Ty but this year my wonderful neighbor Susan was able to watch Ty while I enjoyed helping set up and being there with Tatum. Thank you Susan!!

Here's some of her artwork for the holiday. Grandma was a bit disappointed that she didn't get a leaf, but the cat did. :)

Shauna's parents, Patti and Rick, were down in San Diego so while the boys played golf, the girls enjoyed a delicious lunch at Cafe Merlot. Shauna and I have been here a few times, it's the cafe at Bernardo Winery and it's absolutely wonderful! I've loved everything I've ever ordered there, and that's saying a lot since I'm not much of a food lover. This time Shauna and I had purchased a groupon for a Food Experience for Two at Cafe Merlot. We had no idea what this would entail but wanted to treat out mom's. Anyway, for the $50 we got a bottle of champagne, large cheese, berry, garlic, dip platter with bread and crackers, soup or salad, main course, and dessert. All of that! We had to box most of it up because there was too much food to eat!

Before heading off, we took these cute pictures on my favorite swing at the winery, such a beautiful place. I want my backyard to look like Bernardo Winery one day. :)

What's the one reason you would drink straight from the margarita bottle? Turning 35! No, I'm just kidding, I wasn't that depressed about it and I didn't really drink. But Garrett thought it would make for a funny photo. :) I did enjoy my glass of margarita though.

For the morning of my birthday, Tatum and Daddy ran to get me Krispy Kremes (something I never have but love!) with candles in the top of one, so cute. After getting some beautiful birthday cards from them as well as a watch, we drove up to Irvine to enjoy my favorite meal of ground beef tacos and chocolate cake! The kids helped Grandma make this delectable cupcake shaped masterpiece, and it was awesome!

And more presents for me!

Had to throw this picture in, they're so precious. They LOVE taking baths together and playing, so sweet. And I love those blue eyes, both sets!

And my biggest present of all was going to Disneyland again! This time with Garrett which was a real treat. Grandma, Tatum, Ty and I have passes but Garrett doesn't get one because he's working all the time. But Tatum won two tickets to Disneyland last year at preschool so Garrett used the first ticket to finally experience the Happiest Place On Earth with us. :)

Peter Pan ride. Ty kept yelling for Jake since his only experience with Captain Hook is with Jake and the Neverland Pirates, his favorite show.

Ty has come a long way from his first ride on the merry go round. He especially loved riding with Daddy.

After waiting in way too long of a line for some car ride in Toon Town (never going on that again!), we enjoyed all the fun that Toon Town has to offer. All the buttons to push, and little stores and places to go into. The kids loved this jail house...

my strong man.

And the very best part about Disneyland right now is all their beautiful Christmas decorations. Christmas is my favorite holiday (yes, I was one of those people playing Christmas music as soon as it came on Sounds of the Seasons, Nov. 1st!) and I love being around all the decorations they put up.



While we played in Toon Town, Grandma held a prime spot on Main Street for the Christmas parade. We were right in front!

And we got a great view of all the floats and characters like Mrs. Claus,...

Mickey and Minnie ice skating,...

Woody,...

Buzz Lightyear,...

and Santa Claus of course!!

Then we headed to California Adventure and the kids loved this camp area where they have lots of slides,...

bridges and trails to run around. It was great for Ty to get all his energy out!

Then we went to the Disney Jr. Live performance where they had puppets give skits from favorite shows like Mickey Mouse Club House, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and Jake!

After dinner, Tatum wanted to ride the large farris wheel. There are buckets on the ferris wheel that swing and buckets that don't. Garrett said we were going on the swinging ones, to my dismay, but promised it wasn't really that scary. (even though he'd never been on the ride) From this photo, you'd never know I was freaking out! The bucket would swing from side to side when we were sooooo high up in the air, horribly scary! I was trying to keep it together for the kids but I was gripping at the screen behind me, scared out of my mind, and Ty kept telling me no to put my fingers outside the bucket. :) I have another teacher on my hands.


Ty did an awesome job making it through the day without a nap and surviving all the way to the World of Color show. He started watching and just passed out on my shoulder, so cute. What a wonderful day!

While we were in Irvine during Thanksgiving week, we went to the Spectrum and Ty got to decorate a cupcake! He loved it, but loved the candy selection even more! :)

And to complete a wonderful week, Garrett and I went with Leanne to a dinner concert, so much fun. It's nice to get dressed up and put make up on once in a while. :)

No comments: