Thursday, December 27, 2012

Let the Christmas fun begin!!!

As most of you know, we normally do 25 Days of Christmas fun and every day we partake in a Christmasy activity.  I was taking pictures and posting on the blog every day, and wow, was that overwhelming!  I found myself dreading the blog and taking a hiatus after the Christmas season.  So this year we're doing it a bit differently.  I wrapped up or put in an envelope 25 activities, places to go, things to do, etc.  And here's our basket of Christmas fun!  Each package or envelope is numbered.  Some days there are two things to open, some days just an envelope.  Some things are old and some are new.  But all involving the Christmas holiday and lots of fun.

The first day the kids each opened an Advent Calendar.  Chocolate every morning!  They loved it.  And the second day was some good ol' Christmas tree hunting!  This is one of our favorites!  We went to a tree farm up the street that we can see from the freeway.  I think we went here last year too.  I was surprised that the tree prices were just as low as Home Depot and Costco.  I think the tree lot realized they have a lot to compete with.  We started our hunt with a photo with Santa.
 
And let the hunt begin!





And we did it!  We found the perfect tree for us.  Yeah!!!!

Off we go!

Look at this crazy elf. :)



And after we had some dinner, we all enjoyed decorating the tree.  Garrett and I laugh because every year, when we pull out all the tree trimmings, it's inevitable that a string of lights goes out.  And this year didn't disappoint.  After we got all the lights up and most of the ornaments, half of the top strand went out.  Ugh!  But we made the best of it by taking silly pictures in front of the tree.  Tatum and I set the camera up on the couch and had fun using the timer.  Here Cali got her tail in the picture...
 
and after we got a normal picture,...

we got a little silly. :)

Oh yeah!  Garrett said I look like the Grinch. :)


Then Ty got in on the fun and Tatum wanted us to all jump when the camera flashed.  I thought I didn't a great job but these two couldn't get the timing down. 



And finally, we got it!  Two crazy jumping kids! :)

No comments: