Thursday, December 2, 2010

24 Days of Christmas Fun

If anyone knows me, they know that Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year! Well, actually, my favorite time of the year starts in September, when the weather gets crisp, (a Californians crisp that is) the leaves start to change and the days start to get shorter and shorter. I know most people hate when it gets dark at 5:00 pm but I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a home body, but I love it. I love making a fire and playing a game with the kids on the floor by the warmth. Anyway, let's get back to the point. I LOVE Christmas and wanted to savor every moment of it because before you know it, it's over and the post Christmas depression sets in. So my mission is to bring Christmas into our lives every day until Christmas day by doing something festive weather it be a craft, making cookies, going to see Christmas lights, bringing a neighbor a homemade gift, etc.
So December 1st we thought it was the appropriate time to write our letters to Santa. Each child sat on my lap and we wrote them together. (of course Tatum did a lot of helping on Ty's as he wasn't too into it) We decorated the letters with a Christmas stamp collection we got at the 99 cent store and then we did what everyone does with their letter to Santa, we put them in the fireplace (no fire of course) and waited for them to be whisked up the chimney and off on their journey to the North Pole. We checked this morning and they are no longer in the fireplace so they're en route! :) Oh, the merriness of Christmas!

No comments: