Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the fourteenth day of Christmas...

We baked our hearts out! I love Christmas cookie baking, it's a tradition in my family and this was another fun filled event. I use to make lots of cookies with my mom and truthfully, I don't remember it being as stressful as this. I suppose that's because I was older and more apt to help. :) Anyway, here's Tatum pouring in the powdered sugar as Ty looks on. Nothing like sitting on the kitchen floor to do some cookie baking.

This is what happens to your pants when you slide through the powdered sugar area. :)

And here are some messy faces...

Obviously there was chocolate involved. Who doesn't love chocolate?

We did actually get the cookies made and I didn't take a pic of the finished products but we made some yummy chocolate peanut butter bars and some Ritz crackers smeared in peanut butter and then dipped in chocolate with a Reeses peanut butter bell on top. Yum! We also planned to make some Molasses cookies which is the family traditional Christmas cookie that we make every year but I forgot the baking soda. Oh well, we'll do some more cookie baking in a few days, after I've cleaned all the dishes from this baking night. :)

2 comments:

Denise and Mike Meacham said...

I've been loving all these posts Joy! Looks like you guys have been having so much of fun!

Tatum and Ty said...

Oh thanks Denise! Yes, lots of Christmas fun but it'll be over soon. :( It always goes too fast!