Thursday, December 9, 2010

On the eighth day of Christmas...

We listened to The Friendly Beasts song. I don't have any pictures from our activity but the kids enjoyed listening to the poem and then we watched the YouTube video which was even more exciting. The song is written by the animals perspective that were involved and around when baby Jesus was born. I really wanted to get the Little People Nativity set for this day but you have to buy it quick because it sells out fast. Here's the beginning of the poem:

Jesus our brother, kind and good
Was humbly born in a stable rude
And the friendly beasts around Him stood
Jesus our brother, kind and good
"I" said the donkey, shaggy and brown
"I carried his mother up hill and down;
I carried her safely to Bethlehem town."
"I" said the donkey, shaggy and brown
"I" said the cow, all white and red
"I gave Him my manger for a bed;
I gave Him my hay to pillow His head."
"I" said the cow, all white and red...
Here's the link to the rest and the video
Tatum loved it and after watching the video, we talked about who was riding on the donkey and where were they going and who stayed in the manger and who was born. She really enjoyed it and it was a great way to bring us back to the reason for the season.

No comments: